Monday, January 27, 2014

Stress and Exercise

School and sports have pretty much ruled most of my childhood/teenage life, making exercise and stress big parts of my life, which is both good and bad. Good because I like the challenge of a busy schedule and the hard work that comes with it, however a demanding schedule can wear me down sometimes. That run-down feeling has definitely been a part of my college experience so far. To help me find balance, I like to go to the gym once a day, assuming there is a break in my schedule that allows for that gym time. If not, some sort of fun activity, like a bike ride, is a great substitute. Finding time for such things can be pretty dang hard sometimes because all I really want to do is nap after class, but laying around all day static leaves me feeling worse than if I would've dragged myself to the gym. Working out, no matter how strenuous, boosts energy levels in the body, makes you feel happier, and refreshed afterwords.
Ideally, I would like to start each day with a good workout so I get the day started off right, but knowing the reality of how well I wake up early, that will probably not happen that often. Instead, I will go to the gym every afternoon/night after my classes are finished as a sort of break in between class and homework. Hopefully, this will lead to better sleep and higher energy levels, making a hectic schedule more doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment