Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stress

Whenever I find myself stressed, there are only two things that I allow myself to do. Either push through whatever I’m stressed about until I don’t have anything left to do. Or I lock myself in my dorm and do some yoga. I find that pushing through the stress is much more effective but in turn, stresses me out more. If I need to get something done, it’s better to just work at it until I’m finished than stress about it. However, this process doesn't always work as well as it needs to. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with homework and other things that I can’t finish. Yoga comes in handy here in two different ways. One; it’s physical exercise that releases endorphin and relieves stress when I need it. And two; it has a meditational aspects that helps me to clear my mind when I need it most. One of my new year’s resolutions was to start working out again. I want to start going at least 3-4 times a week regardless of what day. I can go to the gym every week day after my classes get out around noon. In my room I have a set of push-up handles and an ab-wheel that I want to start doing sets of either every morning or before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment