Monday, January 27, 2014

Stress and Physical Activity

From personal experience, I have found that sports and other physical activities are the best way for me to deal with stress. I try to go to the gym every day, but I realize that that isn't always going to be possible. Realistically it is not sustainable in the long run so I go at least three days a week. Another goal I have is to push myself when I am at the gym so that I can improve my fitness. At the beginning of the semester my roommates and I sat down with our schedules and figured out that we are all free to workout at 6:00pm it is a lot easier to exercise when other people are holding me accountable. As I said, I currently do my exercise routine (consisting of 20 minuets cardio followed by a 30 minuets  on a targeted muscle group) in the evening so according to the article that is a good time to burn fat but for my goals of increasing my fitness, working out in the afternoon would benefit me because of the increased intensity associated with working out at that time. I already get a healthy amount of sleep so the benefits of a morning workout don't interest me all that much.    

No comments:

Post a Comment