Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stress and Exercise

All throughout high school and the first semester of college I had anxiety and stress about classes, tests, and non-school related things. I tried a numerous amount of things to relieve stress like getting more sleep, eating healthier, and taking my time to relax on weekends. But none of them did anything to help. Last semester I (like all of us) had a required class that had us work out on our own time. The workouts slowly started to improve my mood, my stress levels, and even my test scores. I found out that no matter the activity, getting up and moving greatly improved my day. This semester I don't have that class, but I continue to go to the rec and shoot baskets. Shooting baskets a couple times a week helps me relax and focus on my classes. I learned a valuable lesson this first semester that will continue to help me through school and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment