Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Protein

Having a mother who use to be a nutritionist and personal trainer, has helped me watch how much I am eating and what I am putting in my body. I try to eat three meals a day with a couple snacks in between. Within those meals I try to find food that provides energy for my body, specifically protein. For my kind of lifestyle I need to be eating plenty of foods with protein to maintain my energy. I have never thought about exactly how much protein I eat, but I would say my protein intake is around the average amount as the article stated-46 grams per day. This article was more of a recap of how protein, except for the exact amount the average male and female eats protein. I like how the article mentioned the side affects for eating too much protein. Most people think that they can continue to eat excessive amounts of protein because they will burn it all off-sometimes that is not the case. Learning about issues that are caused by extreme protein amounts helps people become more aware of how much they are eating, and what they are eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment