Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Healthy Protein

Protein has alway been an important part of mine, and my family's diet. However, my family and I are blessed to live on a ranch in Montana so up until my time in Boise, I was not accustomed to eating beef. My Dad made deer burgers, steak, sausage, brats and many more forms of protein also including duck. The protein that I have grown up on is lean meet, therefore when I started to eat beef for the first time my stomach turned and I had to get used to it. This article stated that most Americans consume up to twice the amount of protein our bodies actually need to function. This doesn't surprise me, usually we don't think about the other forms of protein besides meat, fish, eggs and cheese add to our daily amount. After reading this article I have really reevaluated the way I eat and what I take in.

Kelsey Raynal

No comments:

Post a Comment