Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Healthy Eating

Having played high level soccer for most of my life, being conscious of what I eat was a very big part of my performance on the field. You can feel the direct correlation between what you eat and how you feel while you are playing. My coach used to say, "feel good, play good" and I think that is a really important thing to think of on and off the field. Food is fuel for your body, so it is important to treat yourself to high quality foods so that you feel your best. 

There are so many aspects of food that our body needs and I think that completely cutting out certain food groups can be hazardous because you deprive your body of that necessary type of chemical. We should try to maintain well-rounded diets but focus on eating the healthiest option of each food group. Like the article mentioned, the body gets addicted to repetitive foods, so why not get addicted to foods that are good for your body?

1 comment: