Monday, September 23, 2013

Children in Competition

Children should always be able to participate in competitive sports.  I don't see a problem starting children at an early age.  I started playing sports when I was 7 and in my opinion, that is an appropriate age to compete in sports.  We live in a competitive world, and if you don't play competitive sports when you are young, then who knows how you will react when you are older.  Competing helps you understand how to handle with losing and winning.  Competition motivates people to be better.  It leads to success and improvement.  Competition influences people to work hard and that translates to school and work.

I couldn't disagree more with the article.  My brother and I were raised playing competitive sports our whole lives and we didn't turn out to be low self-esteem, non communicative people.  We excel in school and we strive to get better if we fail.  We understand how to cope with failure and winning and I thank competitive sports for that.  Competitive sports gets children ready for the real world.  This doesn't mean to force children to play competitive sports if they don't want to.  I just believe its a good idea to start kids at an early age.  Our society values competition and children need to learn that.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed how you worded most of your essay. Also the personal aspect made it much more valid and reliable. It made me feel like fifteen minutes could same you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. if you know what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed how you worded most of your essay. Also the personal aspect made it much more valid and reliable. It made me feel like fifteen minutes could same you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. if you know what I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting points, however; raising your kids to be competitive madden players is unhealthy and will reflect in sheltered and shy behaviors later on in their life when they are living in the dorms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hunters point. They may also end up being bullied such as a cake to the face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being raised with a competitive nature is one of the best things you can do for a young child. good work.

    ReplyDelete