Tuesday, September 24, 2013

If You aren't First...You're Last!

       As early as the stone age, we were born to compete. Cave men in this paleolithic era competed to survive. They taught their kids to be strong and to do whatever it takes to live. Well over two million years later, children today are still competing. Of course we compete for different reasons, but competition will always be around. I am a firm believer of instilling striving to become a winner at a very young age. I wish I had been pushed to be more competitive by my parents early on. Straight out of the womb, I want my children to be cold blooded competitors. This will give my kids a better sense of confidence and increase the chances of a more sufficient life later on.

       As a Christian, we were taught to be winners. In Corinthians 9:24 it is said "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it." Even the good Lord wants us to win! Ultimately, every living organism competes for something, however, it is up to you to choose what it may be be.




#RedDragon #compete2live #live2compete #LRLLC #BRC 

4 comments:

  1. I think you really hit the nail on the head. Kids really do need to learn competitive sports at a young age so they don't grow up to be cry babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you took it back to the old times as well as incorporated a bible quote and related it to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, I totally agree with you and your perspective on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree that we were born to compete

    ReplyDelete