Sunday, September 8, 2013

What is recreation and leisure?

Recreation : refreshment of strength and spirits after work.
This could mean anything from working out, to focusing on your homework. The brain is a muscle and needs to be exercised as much as your body. Going to class is equally important of a recreation as finding time to rest you mind through leisure. Which brings me to my next point.

Leisure : freedom provided by the cessation of activities.
Making time to relax and unwind through whatever successful means is just as important as the work completed. We all get tired, we all need to rest, and we all need to find time for leisure. Anything from sleep, to watching tv, even playing Call Of Duty with the bros, can all be used as leisure.

Stay Saucey

2 comments:

  1. I like how you said "The brain is a muscle and needs to be exercised as much as your body" when people think of recreation they normally think of strength based or agility based activities. Yet I would argue that our brain is the most powerful muscle of all, leading toward spurs of great insight and creativity, and also a better understanding of the world around us. A question that your post gave me was, "How can you define a exercise that trains our brain when we are constantly using it?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that focusing on homework could be considered a recreational activity. That would be considered an obligation, so I wouldn't even consider it leisure. Other than that, I like your examples that you used for both recreation and leisure!

    ReplyDelete