Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What is Recreation and Leisure?

Recreation and leisure are widely use terms that all can be interpreted differently. Recreation to me is a sport or a pastime that is played non-competitively. Recreation is anything that isn't played to win championships or titles. Recreation is something that you and a couple of friends can go do at a park, house or backyard. Leisure is free time. It is free time to relax and let off stress. Leisure can be done in many ways but is best spent when you are doing something you enjoy. Overall recreation and leisure may be combined for a great way to have some fun and relieve stress (from writing this blog).

2 comments:

  1. I Think it is interesting that you said recreational is non-competitive. I guess a question that I have is, how do you define competitive? What if I'm not playing for a championship or title, but I still want to win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recreation can be a great way to relieve stress but what about when recreation is forced? Such as family game night. Should something of this sort still be called recreation?

    ReplyDelete