Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I use my time of leisure to escape from the fast pace society we live in. I forget about the pressures of college: homework, studying, and finals. My mind lets go of any doubts, fears or stress that is consuming my thoughts. I feel whole again when I can engage myself in any recreation activity. Fresh air breaks through my nose and I am transported into a state of complete happiness. I feel as if everything around me stops and it is just Mother Nature and I. My body can relax and focus all my energy into what I am doing. I gain the courage to push past my comfort zone and put one hundred and ten percent in the activity I am in.
When I think of recreational activities my mind goes straight to activities that take me through a portal to a different world, snowboarding and hiking. My therapy, my meditation, my home is when I am either on my board or hiking through the mountains. I can take a step back and truly appreciate my surroundings and bring myself back down to reality. Clarity is all I can see. Any problem or concern that was circling through my mind somehow becomes resolved. Leisure and recreation are key components in maintaining a healthy and happy lifestyle. It enables us to take a break from reality and bring peace back into our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment