Monday, September 9, 2013

What is recreation and leisure?

To me, recreation is what I do on my free time, when I'm not at school or at work. Recreation is what I do to re-nourish my mind, body and spirit. All the recreational things I do involve physical activities, and a lot of them are outdoors. Leisure is defined as: free time, or freedom from work or other duties in life. With my leisure time I like to use up energy and go out and do things that are fun or even relaxing at times. Though these concepts are both similar, I don't think they're the same. I definitely see recreation as the act of doing something fun/active and awesome during your leisure or free time.

2 comments:

  1. I like your definition. I think you hit it right on the head.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Really like that you added how it re-nourishes your mind, bod,y and spirit. I think that for myself and for most people, it is really easy to over look this.

    ReplyDelete