Monday, September 9, 2013

What is recreation and leisure?

Leisure can be anything involving free time.  You partake in leisure when you have time off from work and responsibilities.  When I think of leisure, it can be anything from going on a walk, to taking a nap.  When I have free time for leisure, I always find it relaxing to lay down and watch TV.  Recreation can somewhat fall into leisure.  To me, recreation is some sort of physical activity that you enjoy doing on your free time.  Sports are always the first thing that come to my mind when I think of recreation, though it can also include things like camping, swimming, biking, and working out.  Recreational activities has always been a big part of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Madden on Xbox doesn't count as a sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that sports are a main form of recreational activity too. But some people overlook the tactics and cunning that play affect in some major sports. Take football for example, a quarterback has to read the coverage of the opposing team and choose what receiver will net him the best yardage. Also a receiver who is running a option route has to choose which route to take based on the position of the corner and safety. My question that was raised while reading this post was, "Is leisure detrimental if the time used is destructive in any way?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, that question was raised in the article too. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete