Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What Is Recreation and Leisure? - Alicia Combs

When I think of recreation, I imagine going on hikes, biking, swimming, or any other type of fun activity you'd do on your own time, but when I think of leisure, I think of anything simple I would like to do in my free time, such as painting. The two are very similar, expect for recreational activities are more active and strenuous in duration. What they both have to offer, though, is free time. Recreational and leisure activites are activities you would choose to do on your own time because you're passinoate about it. It's the drive or passion that strives us to do things, and passion is the main reason there are such activities. Without recreation and leisure, I feel like our lives would be dull and meaningless.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you emphasize that recreation and leisure are activities that we are passionate about. Everyone has to do homework and everyone has to work at various times, however, everyone also has to have fun too or else we will mentally explode. Work is necessary but play and freedom is needed to balance us out and I believe the best way to engage in play is through passion. That way we are motivated to continue our recreation in order to ensure our personal balance. Overall, we all must be a little mullet-like: business in the front and party in the back. We have to have the best of both worlds in oder to be well-rounded people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, everyone on the floor now needs to grow mullets. I also agree that life would be mighty dull without recreation and leisure.

    ReplyDelete