Thursday, September 19, 2013

I believe that kids should play competitive sports. It is what molds you into a person. For example, I tried every sport when I was a kid it seemed like it. I never got into them, which is fine, but it just took me a little longer to figure myself out. I was the girl on the soccer field who picked flowers and scored goals against her own team. I'm not a competitive person at all. My brother however played soccer from a really young age and he learned great communication skills and a sense of leadership. He had a automatic social environment. Which is great. I think that they are really important and kids should try as many sports as they could. I was really into swimming, golf and horseback which aren't necessarily team sports, but they still gave me a environment. Competitive sports are useful, you can flourish into whoever you want to be. You can be a leader, or a player, or a cheerleader. Its just good to have an environment.

My friend recently posted this on Facebook, and I find it absolutely ridiculous. Taking away the ball from soccer…

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/09/03/to-ensure-every-child-wins-ontario-athletic-association-removes-ball-from-soccer/

1 comment:

  1. I also believe the environment that sports give you is what is the most important aspect of competition. Learning with others that it's not the end of the world to lose makes it that much easier to cope and the people you meet while playing are people you will always have an emotional bond to because you've done it together.

    ReplyDelete